It is safe to live in Australia. However, some people still experience a home invasion in Australia. If you do not want to experience a home invasion, you can install a CCTV camera in your house. Installing CCTV cameras can deter thieves and robbers, record evidence and monitor suspicious activities. You can even monitor your house remotely using your CCTV cameras.
Here are 6 things to look for before installing a CCTV camera in your house:
1. Resolution Quality
- It is essential to install higher resolution CCTV cameras in your house. If you zoom the captured video, the image will not become blurry.
2. Monitor Your House Remotely
- You can use your CCTV cameras to monitor your house remotely. The CCTV camera system comes with an app. Install the app on your smartphone. Then, use your smartphone to see what is happening around your house.
- So, install a CCTV camera that allows you to monitor your house remotely.
3. Night Vision
- It is better to check if the CCTV cameras have night vision before installing them. Installing CCTV cameras with night vision can help you monitor throughout the day.
- Once the sun goes down, you can still monitor your house. CCTV cameras with night vision record activity with clarity throughout the day.
4. Motion Sensor Technology
- It is beneficial to set the recorder on motion recording.
- They can save you storage space since they only record when there is motion. The motion sensors work throughout the day, even at night.
- It is, therefore, crucial to check the construction and mounting hardware before installing a CCTV camera in your house. Additionally, make sure the CCTV cameras have a long lifespan.
5. Are the CCTV Cameras Weatherproof?
In addition, make sure the cameras are weatherproof. If they are weatherproof, they cannot lose clarity or malfunction during bad weather.
Looking for a professional CCTV installation company to install CCTV cameras in your house or commercial space in Perth? If yes, then contact Select Security.