Security is a critical factor in any home, and this type of peace of mind is priceless. One popular addition to home security is a perimeter alarm system. This home alarm system alerts the homeowners when an intruder is trying to break into the property.
What is a Perimeter Alarm System?
A perimeter alarm system equips your property with sensors in all its entry and exit points, including windows. Some of the alarm systems that can be installed are reed switches on the windows, doors, and garage, as well as vibration detectors on windows.
Types of Perimeter Alarm Systems
Depending on the security level and house requirements preferred by the property owner, there are different types of perimeter alarm systems available.
- Microwave or Infrared barrier perimeter alarm: This alarm system creates a vertical wall of the microwave or infrared beams that sound an alarm when crossed. It is often recommended for outdoor areas.
- Motion Sensors: These have come a long way with Dual tec technology and creep zones incorporated to illuminate false alarms.
- Perimeter Alarm with Video Camera: This provides property owners with an additional layer of security, as well as capability to detect multiple parallel intrusions.
Uses of a Perimeter Alarm System
The primary purpose of an alarm system is to detect intrusions in properties. It is ideal for:
- Residential properties
- Commercial properties
- Parking areas, gardens, and terraces
These alarm systems can withstand different temperatures and identify if the intrusion is by an unwelcome human or by animals. This preciseness helps avoid false alarms.
Benefits of a Perimeter Alarm System
A perimeter alarm system provides property owners with:
- Wide security coverage. Covers vast spaces including outdoor areas, due to its motion detector capacity and other external accessories.
Talk to Select Security Today
Add a robust level of security to your property and talk to Select Security today! We offer different kinds of security and alarm systems, depending on your needs.